1. Choose your network.
You don’t need a presence on every social network. Choose the one worth your time. Don’t risk spreading yourself too thin. It’s better to be crushing it on one platform.
2. Groom your presence.
It’s important to optimize your online presence, and look. If your brand is active on multiple platforms, it’s important to maintain a level of consistency.
3. Your content.
Understand your audience because the content you share must be interesting to them.
80% of your content should be entertaining and interesting to your audience. The other 20% can be self-promotional and call-to-action oriented.
4. Promote it!
You’ve taken the time to optimize your social media, promote your presence!
Ask your connections to engage with your profile by liking, following, sharing and commenting. Have your coworkers encourage their connections to do the same.
Hold a contest or giveaway. Utilize social media icons. Cross promote across the platforms you already use.
Engage with influencers who are in the same industry as you by sharing their content with your followers.
5. Be consistent.
Sharing a link to an “interesting” article when you remember won’t do much. Deliver consistently or don’t start until you can.
6. Be interactive.
Social media is just that: social. Interacting with your followers and anyone who mentions you.